If you have been attending a foreign college or university and wish to transfer you are required to complete the following:
- At least 2 years or 60 units from an accredited university or college.
- Must complete a Math course with a passing grade of "C" or higher (intermediate algebra or higher).
- A TOEFL score of at least 500 on the paper test or 61 on the Internet-based test (iBT); 5.5 on the IELTS; or 43 in the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE).
- Above average academic standing. For Fall 2014, the grade point average for new transfer students was 3.25.
Note: CSU Fullerton does not accept second bachelor's degree applicants (with the exception of Nursing).
Majors with additional requirements: Nursing, Computer Engineering BS/MS, Psychology, Kinesiology, Biology and Biochemistry, Music and Dance.
English Proficiency Requirement
Regardless of citizenship, all applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency before an admissions decision can be made. The English Proficiency Exam score must be valid within the past two years.
|Type of Test
|TOEFL, paper test (pBT)
|TOEFL, internet-based test (iBT)
|Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
Test of English as a Foreign Language Requirement (TOEFL)
To request your score report, visit the TOEFL website. Cal State Fullerton is Institutional Code: 4589
Note: If you have taken your TOEFL test through a college or university, rather than an official ETS testing center, your score will not be accepted.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
IELTS is accepted in place of TOEFL as a standardized test of English proficiency. Visit the IELTS website to learn more.
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
Pearson PTE is accepted in place of TOEFL as a standardized test of English proficiency. Visit the Pearson website to learn more.
After applying to the university, you will be asked to send transcripts showing proof of your previous education. In the United States, the academic record is called a "transcript." In other countries, these documents may be called by another name, such as mark sheets, leaving certificates or maturity certificates.
Note: The number of transferrable credits will not be determined until you are enrolled in your first semester at Cal State Fullerton.
- Official transcripts are required from each school listed on the CSU Mentor application.
- Emailed, faxed, and opened transcripts are not considered official.
- All academic records received become official records of the university and cannot be returned or reissued.
International students are required to submit the official original-language transcript or mark sheets, as well as an official English translation if documents are not in English. For more information on which documents are required for each country, please visit our Academic Documents page.
Cal State Fullerton does not offer financial aid or assistance to international students. International student applicants must submit the International Student Financial Affidavit of Support, proof of funding (bank statement or sponsor letter), and a passport copy. An I-20 cannot be issued until these forms have been received and approved.
The average cost of one year of study, including housing and food, is approximately $35,581.