In this program, you will:
- Experience 16 hours of intensive academic English training per week
- Attend real university lectures weekly
- Study four curriculum themes: arts, business, psychology and science/ technology
- Choose from a large selection of electives and specialized English-language courses
- Meet with Global Ambassadors, a group of local high school students who serve as conversation partners
- Enjoy our beautiful Southern California campus
Note: Students may participate for 1-4 weeks. Every week will provide unique learning opportunities.
Experience Cal State Fullerton
Cal State Fullerton’s Southern California location offers students the chance to enjoy experience a number of educational and cultural hands-on activities. Past activities include visits to:
Each day of instruction emphasizes productive use of vocabulary and features classroom activities centered on one of our four curriculum themes: Arts, Business, Psychology, or Science and Technology. Each week culminates in the University Lecture, which features distinguished Cal State Fullerton faculty and offers students an opportunity to experience this important element of American university education. Each week will also feature a hands-on activity (see below), in which you will have the chance to experience one of Cal State Fullerton's many cutting-edge labs and facilities.
|Morning||English for Science and Technology||English for the Arts||English for Business||English for Psychology||University Lecture|
|Noon||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break|
|Afternoon*||Test Prep (TOEFL/IELTS/ SAT)||English through Film/Music/Sports||Photojournalism||Critical Thinking||Hands-on Activity|
* Afternoon lessons are electives that will be selected based on students’ interests; sample schedule includes potential options
To help students apply their new language skills and more fully experience American culture, the program also features our Global Ambassadors, a group of local high school students who volunteer their time in the classroom to serve as conversation partners for students in the program.
You will live at University Village, an apartment-style dormitory next to our campus. You can get to know fellow students, practice English and experience American campus life.
- Furnished rooms include bed, desk, chair, lamp and closet
- Utilities, including Wi-Fi, are included in the rent
- Meal plan included – two meals per day at on-site cafeteria
- On-site pool and recreation center
Cost includes tuition, housing, meal plan, program activities and $25 non-refundable application fee. Total cost subject to change.
Refunds: To receive a refund (less the $25 application fee), you must withdraw from the program by July 3.