In this program, you will:
- Experience 16 hours of English and tourism management instruction per week
- Learn tourism management and entertainment principles from
Cal State Fullerton faculty and local tourism industry leaders
- Learn about finance, sales and marketing as they apply to the tourism industry
- Learn important legal, ethical and risk-management practices
- Visit prominent local tourism and entertainment sites, including Disneyland
- Interact with American Conversation Partners
- Earn a Certificate of Participation
- Enjoy our beautiful Southern California campus
Experience Southern California
Cal State Fullerton is located in one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, offering the perfect setting for you to experience American culture while also participating in our intensive English-language and tourism management program. You will meet with local tourism industry leaders, as well as members of our highly qualified faculty, creating unique networking opportunities. In addition, you will visit prominent local tourism and entertainment sites, including Disneyland.
During the week, you will experience a variety of academic activities, including in-class lectures, guest speakers and off-site industry visits. Weekends will be free for social, cultural and other activities.
|Morning||Cultural Language Awareness||English for Customer Service||English for Safety and Security||English Vocabulary for Travel||
Guest Speaker and Disneyland site visit
|Noon||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break|
|Afternoon||Industry of Tourism||Sales, Marketing and Customer Service||Tourism Finance||Tourism Safety and Security|
|Law and Ethics in Tourism||Contemporary Tourism Trends||Southern California Tourism||Entertainment and Theme Parks|
You will live at University Village, an apartment-style dormitory next to our campus. You can get to know fellow students, practice English and experience American campus life.
- Furnished rooms include bed, desk, chair, lamp and closet
- On-site pool and recreation center
- Utilities, including Wi-Fi, are included in the rent
- Meal plan included – two meals per day at on-site cafeteria
Cost includes tuition, housing, meal plan, program activities and $100 non-refundable application fee. Total cost subject to change.
Refunds: To receive a refund (less the $100 application fee), you must withdraw from the program by June 26.