International Student Services / Health Insurance
California State University, Fullerton requires international students to purchase health insurance administered by Wells Fargo Student Insurance Services. In order to attend classes at Cal State Fullerton, all F-1, J-1 and J-2 visa holders are required to purchase health insurance through Wells Fargo. Certain groups (such as government-sponsored students) may be exempt if they provide documentation from their government that they are fully-sponsored for tuition, housing, health insurance and other incidentals.
Your health insurance policy helps cover the expense of:
- Visits to the doctor, hospital or urgent care
- Unexpected illness and/or injuries
- Medical evaluation
Health Insurance Benefits
The benefits of CSUF health insurance include:
- Full reimbursement for treatment of illness or injury at the CSUF Health Center
- 100% reimbursement for prescribed medicines purchased at CSUF Health Center
- 50% reimbursement for prescribed medicines purchased from other locations
- $15 fee for in-network doctor visits
- $30 fee for out-of-network doctor visits
- After $100 yearly deductible, 100% coverage of customary expenses at participating medical clinics or hospitals
- Coverage that is effective anywhere in the world except student’s home country
- Medical evaluation benefit
- Repatriation benefit
- A policy that meets all immigration, USIA (US Information Agency), and CSU (California State University) requirements
A portion of the fee you pay to the University supports the physicians, nurses and other staff at the Student Health and Counseling Center (SHCC). This means there will be little or no charge for basic health care provided there.
For more about immunization requirements, go to immunization webpage. Students who would like to submit verification of their MMR prior to their arrival, can do so by e-mail. Please note that your CWID must be written on the top of the verification document.
Health Insurance Questions
If you have any questions about health insurance, please send us a note and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.