Housing / Cultural Homestay
The Cultural Homestay Program is organized and supervised by the International Student Services office. Living with a homestay family offers a great opportunity to practice conversational English and learn about American culture.
- Homestay is open to Exchange students, University Semester Abroad students and ALP students (levels 2-6). ALP students who are in level 1 must successfully finish level 1 before they are eligible to apply.
- Since Homestay placement is based on matching hosts and student personalities and lifestyles, placements are not guaranteed.
- The homestay program offers four meal plans.
- Each bedroom includes bed, desk, chair, lamp, closet.
- Utilities are included in rent. Students can request internet service for $10 per month.
- Additional Fees: $50 maintenance fee paid directly to host.
- Homestays are located 1.5 - 4.0 miles away from campus. Students can bike or take a bus to and from school.
- Required contract: One semester.
Move-in and Move-out Dates
|Meal Plan||Rent Per Month|
|3 meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner||$900|
|2 meals: breakfast, dinner||$850|
|1 meals breakfast||$750|
How to Apply
- Cultural Homestay Application
- Application Processing fee of $100 is paid upon arrival
- Current picture (submitted with application)
- Letter of recommendation from teacher, agent, advisor, etc. (submitted with application)