Ready to Apply?

Please see below for more information on the application process or click the button to start your application.

Online Application - Bachelor Level Online Application - Master Level

University Semester Abroad / How to Apply

How to Apply

student studying on lapton


If you have recently scored above 500 on the paper-based TOEFL (iBT-61) or IELTS 5.5, you may take up to 12 units* of undergraduate courses, or a combination of undergraduate classes and intensive English classes. Permission to take Open University classes is subject to a placement test and other conditions.

To take graduate courses (Master Level) you need to have a bachelor’s degree, currently attend a graduate program at your home university, and must obtain a minimum paper-based TOEFL score of 550 (iBT-80) or IELTS 6.5.

*Spring and Fall only


Application Steps

It's easy to apply, just submit an online application and upload the following items:

  • Original bank document or scholarship verification of support funds of $15,000 (documents must be translated to English)
  • Application processing fee of $100 in the form of a check, credit card or international money order payable to Cal State Fullerton (no cash payments will be accepted)
  • Photocopy of passport information page
  • Original high school or university transcript with in-progress courses
  • Copy of TOEFL/IELTS official test results
  • Statement of purpose (Master Level only)

Health Insurance

Qualifying Health Insurance is mandatory for all F-1 and J-1 visa students. For more information, visit Health Insurance

Refund Policy

  • If a student withdraws from the session before the session start date, a full tuition refund, less a $255 administrative fee, will be issued upon approval of a written petition to the Program Director.
  • If a student withdraws after the first day or within the first 25% of a session, 65% of the session tuition, less a $255 administrative fee, will be refunded.
  • If a student withdraws after 25% of the session has elapsed, no refund will be given for withdrawal.
  • The application, health center and the non-curricular service fees are not refundable.

Note: The refund policy is subject to change at any time.

Requests for refunds are processed through the University Extended Education office. This process takes approximately six weeks. Allow up to six weeks for refunds via check. If you paid with a credit card, allow 7-10 days for your refund to be credited back to your credit card. Students who are dismissed from the program in mid-semester because of insufficient attendance or serious misconduct are not eligible to receive a refund.