University Semester Abroad / Program
University Semester Abroad ProgramStudy at Cal State Fullerton and Discover Southern California
Study With American Students
Through the USA program, you can take classes on our campus in Southern California , where you will learn from experienced professors, study with American students and enjoy other program benefits:
- Over 100 majors and more than 3,400 university classes with transfer credit (you can search for classes through the University Catalog)
- Thriving international community, with almost 3,000 students from more than 80 countries
- Safe, suburban campus close to beaches, hiking, theme parks—including Disneyland just minutes away
- Social activities, academic workshops and nearly 350 on-campus clubs and organizations
- Assistance from our International Students & Scholars office with housing, visa/travel issues and health insurance
Ready to get started?
Visit How to Apply for program requirements, application instructions or to get started: your application can be entirely completed and submitted online.
We are also happy to answer any questions. Send us a note and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have met the TOEFL requirement or have received high scores on placement tests, you can apply for the USA program. If you have not met these requirements, visit the American Language Program for more information on completing a semester or more of intensive English courses before enrolling in USA.
Planning your Experience
The USA program offers flexibility for studying at Cal State Fullerton: you come for a single semester, an academic year, or one of our summer options.
Spring/Fall Semesters: Both spring and fall semesters run for 16 weeks. The spring semester runs from January to May, and fall runs from August to December.
Summer Sessions: The USA program offers two 5-week sessions at Cal State Fullerton during the summer. Students can apply for either session, or both sessions for a 10-week experience at CSUF.
For exact dates and costs for upcoming terms, visit our Dates & Costs page.
Summer International Research Institute
Looking to add research to your program? California State University, Fullerton also offers the Summer International Research Institute (SIRI), a 5–8 week program that provides the opportunity to conduct research with CSUF faculty, as well as:
- Courses designed with your academic and professional interests in mind
- Community-based activities, including local industry visits
- Lab and real-world context opportunities
- Valuable intercultural communication skills needed to succeed in the workplace
Visit the SIRI webpage to learn more about the program.