New Students / New Student Online Check-In
New Student Online Check-In
All international students beginning a new degree program at CSUF must complete the New Student Online Check-In after arriving in the United States and before the start of their first semester. Complete this requirement as soon as possible to maintain your immigration status and avoid a hold on your student account. The New Student Online Check-In is a two-step process. You must complete both steps to complete the requirement.
Submit copies of immigration documents
Upload PDF copies of the following immigration documents through our secure ﬁle upload system. Include your full name and CWID in each file upload.
- Biographical page(s) of passport (view passport example)
- I-94 (view I-94 example)
- U.S. visa with arrival stamp (view visa example)
Canadian citizens only need to submit their arrival stamp.
Documents can be scanned from a scanner or high quality digital photos from your camera, smart phone, computer's internal webcam, or tablet. You can download a free scanning app such as CamScanner for Android or iPhone. Immigration documents should only be sent after arrival to the U.S. For this reason, ISS will not accept any documents prior to the 30 days before the start date on your I-20 or DS-2019.
For detailed instructions, refer to the PDF on How to Securely Upload Documents to the ISS Server.
Update your personal information in your Student Center
Update your U.S. address, phone number, and emergency contact information in your Student Center. This information is required to register your SEVIS record. Pay attention to the formatting guidelines listed below. You must also keep this information current at all times during your studies at Cal State Fullerton.
Updating your U.S. address
- Under “Home Address,” list the address where you are currently living in the U.S.
- If you are staying in a hotel or temporary housing, you may list the hotel address and change it later.
- Do not list Cal State Fullerton’s address in this box (e.g., 800 State College or 2600 Nutwood Ave.).
Updating your phone number
- If you have a U.S. phone number, you must report it in your Student Center. If you do not have a U.S. phone number, an international phone number is acceptable.
- Important: Your primary phone number must be listed as “Home” in your Student Center. Your record will not register properly if it is listed as “Mobile” or “Other."
Updating your emergency contact information
- Required: At least two emergency contacts.
- Preferred: One contact in your home country (mother, father or sibling) and one contact in the U.S. (if available).
- For each contact, provide his/her full name, address and phone number.
- Make sure you update this information when your contact moves or changes phone number.
If you have any questions about the Check-In, please send a note to the ISS office using our contact form and a staff member will get back to you soon.