University Semester Abroad / Dates & Costs
Dates & Costs
The USA program offers flexible fall, spring and summer options, which allow you to study at Cal State Fullerton for anywhere from 5 weeks to a full academic year.
Have questions about studying at Cal State Fullerton? Send the USA office a message and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.
USA students can study at Cal State Fullerton for a single semester or a full academic year
August 23 – December 20, 2019
Deadline to apply: TBD
January 17 - May 15, 2020
Deadline to apply: October 15*
*Subject to change
Fall/Spring: Students on F-1 visas must enroll in twelve units
Graduate USA Program: Please note that you can only apply to the Graduate (Master Level) USA program, if you are currently attending a graduate program at your home university. Students on F-1 visa must enroll in nine or six units, depending on graduate program.
Grad applications for Spring accepted July 1 – October 15
Grad applications for Fall accepted January 1 – April 15
New USA students must study at Cal State Fullerton for both A and B summer sessions.
Continuing USA students should meet with the Academic Advisor, Natalie Mir to discuss summer session enrollment options. Make an appointment here.
Session A (3 Units) +
Session B (3 Units)
|10||late May – early August 2020
Session A only (3 Units)
|5||late May – late June 2020||$1,098||$802||$1,900|
Session B only (3 Units)
|5||early July – early August 2020||$1,098||$802||$1,900|
Note: Students on F-1 visas must enroll in six units
Costs: Stated costs are currently based on Summer 2019 amounts and provided for budgeting purposes only. The amounts will be updated, when 2020 costs are available.
- If a student withdraws before the the program start date, a full tuition refund less a $255 administrative fee will be issued.
- If a student withdraws on the first day or within 25% of the program start date, 65% of the session tuition will be refunded.
- If a student withdraws after 25% of the program has elapsed, no refund will be issued.
- The following fees are non-refundable: Application fees, Health Center fee and the Non-Curricular fee.
Note: The refund policy is subject to change at any time.
If you need to withdraw from USA, please fill out and follow the instructions on our Request for Withdrawal form.
Requests for refunds are processed through the Extension and International Programs office. This process takes approximately six weeks. Allow up to six weeks for refunds via check. If you paid with a credit card, allow 7-10 days for your refund to be credited back to your credit card. Students who are dismissed from the program because of insufficient attendance or serious misconduct are not eligible to receive a refund.
Additional costs will include housing and health insurance. Cal State Fullerton’s International Student Services Office can assist you in both of these areas:
- Housing: There are many housing options on and around campus; campus dormitories and nearby apartments are popular options for international students. Visit the International Housing website for more information on types of housing, application process and fees.
- Health Insurance: Purchasing health insurance is a requirement for all international students. Your policy will help cover doctor, hospital and/or urgent care visits, unexpected illness and medicine.
Health insurance prices for non-degree University Semester Abroad students are updated each semester. Please visit the Health Insurance page for more information on coverage and purchasing insurance.
Ready to get started?
Visit How to Apply for program requirements, application instructions or to get started: your application can be entirely completed and submitted online.
We are also happy to answer any questions. Send us a note and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have met the TOEFL requirement or have received high scores on placement tests, you can apply for the USA program.