Housing / How to Apply for Homestay
How to Apply for Homestay
While staying with a Homestay family students will have an opportunity to practice conversational English and learn about the American culture.
How to Apply
To apply please submit the following documents directly to the ISS office:
- Online Application
- Current photograph (please submit with online application)
- One letter of reference or recommendation (please submit with online application)
- $100 application processing fee paid upon arrival
Note: Those under 18 years of age may not be accepted into the Cultural Homestay program.
1. Once the application, current photograph, letter of recommendation and $100 application processing fee are collected, students will receive a decision whether their application has been approved or denied. Students should check their email regularly.
2. Students who are selected to be part of the Cultural Homestay Program will receive information about their American host. After receiving information about his/her host, each student will be required to submit his/her arrival schedule (date and time).
3. Once the arrival schedule is submitted, students will receive their homestay address, phone number and information about the airport pick-up services.
4. Students are expected to take the airport shuttle directly to the homestay.
5. Rent and the non-refundable deposit are due upon arrival. Rent should be paid directly to the homestay family. A penalty fee of $10 per day will be charged for each late payment.
6. Students are expected to meet with the Housing Coordinator three days after his/her arrival. During this meeting students will have an opportunity to sign the homestay contract for one semester. Students who are not satisfied with their homestay placements should contact the Housing Coordinator and ask for assistance.
7. Homestay contracts require a commitment for one semester. Students who would like to terminate their homestay contract earlier are required to meet with the Housing Coordinator, give two-week notice and pay a penalty fee of $150 directly to the family.Apply Now