Travel and Visa / Travel Guidelines

Travel Guidelines

We encourage all international students to carefully follow all guidelines and advice regarding travel. Also, please check the Public Announcements, Travel Warnings and Consular Information Sheets from the U.S. Department of State.

Documents Needed for Travel outside the United States

  • Valid Passport
  • Valid F-1 or J-1 Visa
  • Valid SEVIS Document:

*Note: J-1 students with a sponsor other than Cal State Fullerton should plan in advance to mail their SEVIS Form to their Program Sponsor for a travel signature. If your visa is expired, you will need to renew it at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad.

If you wish to travel or make a short trip outside of the United States (even if it's to Mexico or Canada), make sure you plan ahead. Please read the following travel guidelines that apply to you very carefully. It will save you hours of anxiety and nervousness at the embassy, at the airport or at the border.