University Semester Abroad / Dates & Costs
Dates & Costs
The USA program offers flexible fall, spring and summer options, which allow you to study at Cal State Fullerton for anywhere from 5 weeks to a full academic year.
Have questions about studying at Cal State Fullerton? Send the USA office a message and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.
USA students can study at Cal State Fullerton for a single semester or a full academic year
January 20 – May 19, 2017
August 18 – December 15, 2017
Deadline to apply: June 1
Fall/Spring: Students on F-1 visas must enroll in twelve units
Graduate USA Program: Graduate students on F-1 visa must enroll in nine units
USA students can study at Cal State Fullerton for a single 5-week Summer Session (and earn 3 units) or stay for both sessions.
Session A (3 Units) +
Session B (3 Units)
|10||May 30 – August 4
Session A only (3 Units)
|5||May 30 – June 30||$1,098||$802||$1,900|
Session B only (3 Units)
|5||July 3 – August 4||$1,098||$802||$1,900|
Summer: Students on F-1 visas must enroll in six units
- If a student withdraws before the the program start date, a full tuition refund less a $255 administrative fee will be issued.
- If a student withdraws on the first day or within 25% of the program start date, 65% of the session tuition will be refunded.
- If a student withdraws after 25% of the program has elapsed, no refund will be issued.
- The following fees are non-refundable: Application fees, Health Center fee and the Non-Curricular fee.
Note: The refund policy is subject to change at any time.
If you need to withdraw from USA, please fill out and follow the instructions on our Request for Withdrawal form.
Requests for refunds are processed through the University Extended Education office. This process takes approximately six weeks. Allow up to six weeks for refunds via check. If you paid with a credit card, allow 7-10 days for your refund to be credited back to your credit card. Students who are dismissed from the program because of insufficient attendance or serious misconduct are not eligible to receive a refund.
Additional costs will include housing and health insurance. Cal State Fullerton’s International Students & Scholars Office can assist you in both of these areas:
- There are many housing options on and around campus; campus dormitories and nearby apartments are popular options for international students. Visit the IPGE Housing website for more information on types of housing, application process and fees.
- Purchasing health insurance is a requirement for all international students. Your policy will help cover doctor, hospital and/or urgent care visits, unexpected illness and medicine. Visit the Health Insurance page for information on coverage, costs and purchasing insurance. Health Insurance for the Spring 2017 semester will cost $690.85.
Ready to get started?
Visit How to Apply for program requirements, application instructions or to get started: your application can be entirely completed and submitted online.
We are also happy to answer any questions. Send us a note and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have met the TOEFL requirement or have received high scores on placement tests, you can apply for the USA program. If you have not met these requirements, visit the American Language Program for more information on completing a semester or more of intensive English courses before enrolling in USA.