International Student Services / Letters & Forms

Letters & Forms

student filling out forms

Our Letters & Forms page contains both the Letter Requesting System and links to forms for international students at California State University, Fullerton.

If you are having difficulty finding, filling out or submitting a form listed on this page, please email the International Student Services (ISS) office and a staff member will be happy to help you.


Request Processing Timeframe

Since Cal State Fullerton does not have control over government processing times, please make all immigration-related requests as early as you can. Do not wait until the last minute to request or process documents. Due to high volume of documents received for employment benefits and academic related issues, please expect delays in processing time.

Letter Requesting System

After submitting your letter request, please allow 5-7 business days for processing. If you need a letter that is not among that examples listed on the form, please email or visit the International Student Services office.

Note: ISS does not issue letters of invitation. These letters should come directly from the student. For more information, please review our Inviting Family to Visit the United States PDF.

request a letter

Available Forms

Name Type Description
Request for Concurrent Enrollment

Use this form if you are requesting concurrent enrollment at another institution

Request for Reduced Course Load: Academic Difficulties or Final Semester

Use this form if you are requesting a reduced course load due to academic difficulties or because it is your final semester

Request for Reduced Course Load: GS 700 Enrollment, Graduate Assistant or Teaching Associate

Use this form if you are requesting a reduced course load due to GS 700 enrollment or because you are a graduate assistant/teaching associate

Request for Reduced Course Load: Medical Reason

Use this form if you are requesting a reduced course load due to medical reasons

Transfer-Out to Another School Request

After you have been admitted to another school, bring your acceptance letter and a completed version of this form to your meeting with a CSUF International Student Advisor.

Program Extension Request

Please check with the International Student Services office for the deadline for submitting this form. When submitting this form, you must include an updated International Student Financial Statement & Affidavit form with supporting financial documents dated within the last six months.

Exit Form

Submit this form if you are leaving the University and U.S. for one of the following reasons:

  • Taking a leave of absence for 3 semesters or more
  • Leaving CSUF without completing your academic program
  • Graduating from CSUF and leaving the U.S. after graduation
  • Withdrawing pending OPT or STEM OPT application and leaving the U.S.
  • Ending approved OPT or STEM OPT benefit early
Name Type Description
Financial Disclosure

Currently enrolled CSUF international students must use this form when applying for CSUF awards and/or scholarships where a FAFSA (Free Application For Federal Student Aid) is requested.

Instead of completing a FAFSA, international students complete and submit this form with their award or scholarship application. Please visit CSUF’s Financial Aid’s Scholarships page for more information.

International Student Financial Affidavit

This form is required for the International Student Services office to process a Form I-20 (F-1) or DS2019 (J-1). Please read the instructions and submit the completed form to:

International Admissions
2600 Nutwood Ave., Ste.950.
Fullerton, CA 92831

If you have any questions, please email the International Admissions office at:

Name Type Description
Personal Information Update

All F-1 and J-1 international students are required by U.S. law to notify their school of any change in US address within 10 days of moving. US address must be location where student is physically residing. Please log into Titan Online and go to your Student Center to update your US Mail and Home Address.

For Students who work on Campus — Please print and submit the Student Action Request (SPAR) Form to Payroll Office at CP-700.

Emergency Contact Information

Please log into Titan Online and go to your Student Center to submit the Emergency Contact Information details.

In the event that the emergency occurs after office hours which are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m., please contact the campus police/public safety: (657) 278-2515. If it is a life-threatening emergency, please call the police by dialing 911.

I-20 Reprint Request

Please complete and submit this form to request a reprint of your I-20.

Health Insurance Refund Request

Please read the form carefully before submitting it. Deadlines for submitting your refund request are:

  • Fall Semester: August 31
  • Spring semester: February 28
Travel Signature Request

F-1 and J-1 students must obtain a signature on their SEVIS documents before leaving the United States. Please submit this form to request a travel signature.

Name Type Description
OPT Employer Update Form

All F-1 students on approved Post-Completion Optional Practical Training must use this form to report their OPT employment to their school.